Sorry, nothing in cart.
Care For Your Flowers
Flower Care Checklist
- Find yourself a clean vase. In fact, give the vase a scrub with warm water and washing up liquid just to be sure, this prevents bacteria from growing and gives the flowers a head start.
- If the bouquet contains any lilies that are open, we recommend removing the stamens. This will save your clothes, furniture and carpet from stubborn stains but also ensures the lilies last even longer. Use a paper towel to remove them, starting at the base, don’t cut them!
- Cut the stems, this needs to be done before you place the flowers in your now super clean vase and the flowers will need to be re-cut every few days, roughly an inch from the bottom. Cut the stem at an angle, this increases the surface area and allows the flower to take in more water.
- Place the flowers somewhere light, but not in direct sunlight or near a radiator. Most cut flowers survive best between 18° and 22°C.
- Keep the flowers away from the fruit bowl! Fruit releases a gas called ethylene which breaks down other fruit around it and delicate flowers begin to perish prematurely.
- Don’t forget about your stems, keep the water clean and fresh and change it every few days if you need to. Remove any dead flowers and prevent the foliage falling below the water line as this will harbour bacteria which shortens the life of the flowers.
- Dress them up? You can make any bouquet look twice as spectacular by placing it in front of a mirror, you can decorate the vase with marbles, glass beads and even submersible lights for the wow factor!
We hope you enjoy your flowers, that they last as long as possible and you remember the lovely gesture for years to come. If you’d like to return the favour and send flowers to someone special, use secret discount code DISCOUNT10 for 10% off your order and make someone smile today!